Use Search to get
to the information
you want quickly.

Selectmen 2024-03-19

Selectmen Minutes
March 19, 2024

Present: Chet Bowles, Rich Dufresne, Jonathan Shomody

Call to order by Chet Bowles at 5:30 pm.

Motion to nominate Chet Bowles as Select Board Chair (Dufresne/Shomody). All in favor, motion carried.

Motion to approve the minutes of 3/5/2024 (Bowles/Dufresne). Bowles and Dufresne – yes, Shomody – recused, motion carried.

Motion to approve the 3/19/2024 payroll and manifest (Bowles/Dufresne). All in favor, motion carried.

Signed a timber (yield) tax warrant for Jill Kuchinos, Map 3, Lotc 43.

The application for current use from Mary Beck was received, but it is incorrect. Ms. Beck will do the application over and submit before the due date of April 15.

Discussion about the contract with Comcast. Motion to allow the Town Administrator, Debra Harling, to sign the contract with Comcast on behalf of the Town of Sharon (Bowles/Dufresne). All in favor, motion carried.

Mr. Bowles:
Results of the water test have come in. Coliform and lead are over the acceptable limits. Sandy Eneguess, Road Agent, suggested running down the well, letting it fill back up, bleaching the well, then testing again. It could be an issue of not enough use of the well.
Briefly explained the right-to-know requirements for Mr/ Shomody.

Mr. Dufresne:
Would like to keep repairs to the Meeting House on the agenda and set priorities. Nathan Rautiola has submitted a quote of $800 to $1,200 to repair the walkway. Dufresne will contact Rautiola to get a formal bid.
People seemed pleased with the split between elections and the business portion of town meeting.Suggested doing a survey to determine the best day of the week for the business portion. Dufresne will work with the Webmaster on a survey.
Work out a process for purchasing the computers. Ask Rory Goff to continue to help and contact Ed Holz of First In Technology.

Sandy Eneguess:
South Road and Swamp Road are still officially closed until April.

Gina Goff:
Salinda Chiquoine would like to lead a group of volunteers to do a spruce up of the Meeting House grounds. She would like to do this on 4/27 from 10-12.

Meeting adjourned at 6:26 pm.

Minutes taken by Debra Harling. Approved on 04/02/2024.